Saturday, November 7, 2015

Love White Pumpkins

As I sat down to play with the Card Concept challenge, I knew this would give me to chance to use some white pumpkins.  
 I pulled out a set of stamps with matching dies from My Favorite Things for my two pumpkins.  There were stamped in white and embossed with white on watercolor paper.  I gave these shapes a little bit of color with Tea Dye Distress Stains so they would be defined a little bit.  
 To go along with the Card Concept photo inspiration piece, I created a distressed background with a honeycomb stencil and more Distress Stains.  The wreath is a stamp and die from Simon Says Stamp, again stamped with white and embossed with white.  I colored this piece with blue Distress Stains so it fits the photo inspiration.  The layout of the entire card was inspired with the Freshly Made sketch for this week.  
 Here is the Freshly Made sketch.
 Here is the Card Concept photo inspiration.
This also fits the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of Thanks or Thanksgiving.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I absolutely love your hexagon background...and your pumpkins look cool too. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on watercoloring your background! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inking! Love love the background with the white embossing, Linda! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Thanks/Thanksgiving” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors, and I love the white pumpkins. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your background is so striking and the pumpkins are simply perfect for the sketch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background you've made for your pumpkins, fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you have embossed these white pumpkins! It looks amazing! Great color and design! Thanks for joining us over at The Card Concept.
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. The embossed pumpkins look fabulous against that watercolored background!
    Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete