Sunday, June 28, 2015

Succulent Time

Since I am planting what seems like a million succulents in my yard it seemed fitting to pull out my succulent stamp set by Simon Says Stamp and use it for a couple challenges.
 The background was created with a star stencil and some Distress Inks.  The star shapes are pretty subtle but I really like that. 
 I used this super cut little coffee cup and one of the succulent plant stamps plus the matching dies to cut the shapes.  For the cup, I had colored a piece of watercolor paper with some red Distress Stain and then left that to dry.  I then stamped the outline of the cup on my colored paper and cut it out.  The plant was also colored with Distress Stains plus some accents with Copic markers.  I anchored the cup and plant with a punched out circle ring.
 I cut the "hello" by Lawn Fawn from watercolor paper and then added color with various Distress Stains.  Once I had it on my card, I coated it with Glossy Accents.  
 My card fits the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Plus it fits the Sketch Saturday sketch.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

3 comments:

  1. Great way to feature the succulent stamp on your card. Thanks for playing with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the background :) and the ombre hello is so pretty! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was lovely, thanks for writing this

    ReplyDelete