Sunday, March 22, 2015

Black and White with a splash of color

And I picked pink...
 I wanted a card that was fast and easy and had a simple wash of some pink.  I stamped this stamp from Studio Calico in black ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I like to do that so the black lines are a little more intense and the black ink is stable when using other inks over it.  
 I used watercolor paper and then brushed on some Distress Stain inks.  This very simply colored the flower image and the background.  The larger flower has a matching solid stamp so I did stamp that in the same pink.  In order to future the white parts since that is part of two of the challenges I was following, I used some Copic white ink.  I also added some dots of black Liquid Pearls. 
 I also thought this colors in the card went along with the Card Concept challenge.
Here is the Just Us Girls challenge.
Plus the Frosted Designs challenge.
I also used the Time Out challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

12 comments:

  1. Love your card with the touches of pink. Looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooo gorgeous! LOVING all the pink!!!!!! You should link up to Frosted Designs too!! We have a "Think Pink" challenge right now!! http://frosteddesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Linda! Loving the pink and the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wash of pink and the black and white accents, Linda! Great design :) Thanks for playing along at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love pink and black together! Your card is wonderful and so unique! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls, we sure do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your card over at the Card Concept, and popped by for a closer look.
    It's just gorgeous. I love the touches of white and black against your distressed pink background.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!!!!!! :) Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and fresh! This is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun background, love all the pink. Thank you for sharing at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card love the background it's fabulous, thanks for joining in with us at Frosted Designs, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the watercolor!!! Thanks for linking up your pretty card to the PINK Challenge over at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came over from the Card Concept gallery - what a lovely watercoloured background in pink. love the bold black outline of your flowers too!
    www.blog.thecraftyowl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete