Sunday, March 15, 2015

AAA Cards challenge

 When it comes to card making, one thing is for certain, I struggle with one layer cards and in keeping it simple.  I just have to add stuff!!!
 So this weeks AAA Cards challenge was just that, a challenge for me.  That is one of the things I love about creating though is to have to think outside of my own box.  My card base is watercolor paper. I love the thickness of it along with the texture.  The sentiment is a stamp from Printworks.
Since I am a huge fan of stencils, that was what I reached for to start my card.  Just inking portions of it.  Next I stamped three different butterflies from Clearly Besotted with black ink.  I did emboss them with clear embossing powder because I like what that adds to a design.  To finish it off, I gave it some dots of black embossing paste that I added through a stencil.
Be sure to play along at AAA Cards.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! LOVING the masking and the butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never would know you find one layer troublesome, this is just gorgeous Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! I love the coral and black together! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic stencilling and I just love a butterfly or two or three even. Works for me every time. Love it. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! Gorgoeus butterflies and stencil!!! SUPER great to be on your team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For someone who's not a huge fan of stencils...this is amazing, Linda! Beautiful CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this might be my favorite this month - such a great pop of color and i love the silhouette look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your style. Even without your signature photo props- I can tell your cards. Your style says "made by Linda"! hugs, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Linda. Wonderful stenciling, and I love that little touch of black on the top left and bottom right. The butterflies are set beautifully as is the sentiment. So great to be on the AAA team with you.

    ReplyDelete