Friday, October 3, 2014

Lets get this party started!

Every year at this time my heart gets just so happy - there is actually a World Card Making Day, a day for something that I enjoy so much.  
 Of course, I wanted to sit down ahead of time and create a couple cards to share.  I was playing with watercoloring techniques this week and created the background to this card.  I used two colors of watercolor paints.  The paint comes in little tubes, I squeezed out a tiny amount on a piece of acetate then used my waterbrush to dilute that paint and pick up some.  I just painted simple lines on my watercolor paper, spritzed it with water to help the inks run a little more and then walked away to let it dry.  I always love the surprise that comes as the inks dry on the paper.   I used a Happy Birthday stamp from Wplus9 Designs.  I seem to not make many birthday cards so I thought that was a good theme for this card.  
 The big flower is a stamp from PaperTrey, Inc.  I stamped it with black ink on white watercolor paper and then added color with three shades of Distress Stain.  I love how the Distress Stains are so easy to use and give a watercolor look.  I did add a few sprays of Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.  
 Be sure to check out the tons of fun planned for World Card Making Day.  You can also find lots of fun posts on Instagram.  So many companies are offering specials.
 Another card I wanted to share uses the Fusion Challenge for my inspiration.  I didn't use the colors in the challenge, but I did use the sketch and I also stayed with a big flower, mine is just black and white with some great bright green.  The background was created with a The Crafter's Workshop stencil. I love stencils and I love theirs.  I just gave it a spray with some black spray. 
 I gave that background some splotches of green Heidi Swapp Color Shine.  My flower is a stamp from PaperTrey, Inc.  I kept the coloring extremely simple so I could stay with my black and white color combination.  Can you see that little bit of neat sparkle?  I used a Wink of Stella pen to outline parts of the flower.  Some green Liquid Pearls finished it off along with a die cut word from Clearly Besotted.  
Here is the Fusion challenge.
This also fits the Addicted to CAS Stencil challenge.
Thanks for visiting and I sure hope you get to do some paper crafting today.
Linda (lbpost)

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning creations. Just adore the vibrant pink and yellow on the first and mono grey and black with hints of green on the second. Happy World Cardmaking Day 2014!
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Linda. Love the fantastic backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty creations! Happy World Card Making Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' the cards, Linda :) Great add of watercolor to the one card and don't you love Wink of Stella?! Been using them for a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have enables me to ocvet that PTI large stamp!!! LOVE it, and LOVE what you have done, ADORE the black and the little green accents, LOVE...L.O.V.E!!!

    Thanks for joining us at FUSION, so HAPPY you did Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Linda, the colors are just fabulous in the sunflower card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two absolutely stunning cards. Love your beautiful style Linda! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! The background on your first card is so fun! What great experimenting. Thanks for joining the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the pops of bright green. Stunning card!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME stencil! I love it layered behind the flower. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how much interest you managed to create with the stencils. The little pops of green work really well with the monochromatic color scheme. Fabulous. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete