Monday, May 27, 2013

Don't you just love a great background?

There are so many ways to create a fun and unique background and spray inks are sure one of them. Now add to that all of the great choices for spray inks!!!
 I use several different kinds of spray inks and for different reasons. So many of them have an iridescent aspect to them and that is the look I sometimes want but not always. I recently found the Stephanie Barnard Spray inks from Clearsnap. What I love about these is that they are just plain intense colors.  With this card I am mixing them with a totally brand new set of stamps from The Crafts Meow.  When I first say this set, I knew I needed it immediately. 
I tried something a little different with the sprays.  I usually spray from a distance and this time I wanted to spray pretty close and create puddles of a variety of colors. By spraying close, you do get puddles.  I then spritzed that with water to mix the colors a little bit.  Next I left it to dry. Every background will be different depending on the color assortment used.  I simply stamped the image with black and embossed with clear.  I added black Liquid Pearls to the flowers.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

6 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwww!!! This is gorgeous!! I am IN LOVE with that background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! Stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, this is so striking and stunning! I am in awe of your mad misting skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so gorgeous!! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! That TCM image is absolutely striking on your scrumptious background, Linda! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete