Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Time Flowers

I think some of my most favorite flower stamps are from PaperTrey, Inc.  I have used these particular stamps several times and still love using them.
I was playing with these flowers and the leaves that go with them and made them fit the retro sketch for this week.   I had stamped the leaves many times on plain white cardstock, not reinking each time so that I had clearer leaves and more subtle leaves.  I then added a little bit of color with some Copic markers.  When I was finished with this piece, it was easy to cut it up to go along with the sketch.
 The most fun aspect of the flowers and leaf piece to me was playing with the Stephanie Barnard Clearsnap sprays. I love these things. I did do some simple coloring with Copic markers but wanted the spray colors to really show off.
Here is the retro sketch.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

10 comments:

  1. Sooooooooooo gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH! What a beautiful card, Laura! I LOVE that background design with the layered flowers! LOVE the colors too!! FAB job with this sketch:)

    ps...THANK YOU x10000 for your sweet comment on my video! You've made my day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color combo and I like how you created blocks of paper behind the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I really like the blocks on this! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card - love your stamping here and yes I love those flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, and great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card!! I love how you did the leaves background...great job indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I especially love the misty background :) I'm going to have to see where I can order some of those sprays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that many thanks stamp. It's very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful flowers, gorgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete