Monday, October 1, 2012

The colors of fall

While my post today holds fall leaves and fall colors everywhere, we are actually in a heatwave here!!! We are pretty sure it is still summer.
 First up I played along with the color combination at Colour Q.  I used "FALL" as my theme since these colors fit so perfectly. 
 The sentiment piece is cut with my Cricut.  The leaf is a Tim Holtz stamp that I inked with two different colors of Distress Stain.  I applied the stain directly to the stamp. 
 This is the Colour Q combo. 
 This also fits with the Cas-ual Fridays challenge to use your own blog banner as inspiration. Since mine is a photo of some leaves that I took, I thought this fit really well.  PLUS - this fits the "leaf inspiration" challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show. 
 Next up, my Card Positioning Systems card for this week.
 Again, I used a set of leaves from Tim Holtz.  The set comes with larger leaves and smaller ones.  This card uses the smaller ones, again inked with Distress Stains applied directly to the stamps.
Here is the CPS sketch.  This card also fits the same Cas-ual Fridays challenge and the same Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

14 comments:

  1. I love your fall leaves done in the textured cs, Linda, lovely card!So happy you joined us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rich autumnal colour schemes here. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and those leaves!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable FALL card! :-) love how you managed to combine these challenges..especially the "toot your own horn"...your card is just perfect for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards Linda!!! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You combined the challenges perfectly AND represented your header beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous fall cards, Linda! :) Thanks for playing at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job!! Love the layering and colors! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful take on your blog header! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fall inspired cards, Linda! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely work! Thanks so much for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp and Show! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. two great cards! thank you for joining us at the colourQ ; )

    ReplyDelete