One of my favorite things to do with creating is to sit and experiment. I love to see what inks do and what things work together. Of course, I also end up finding out what doesn't work!!!
My two card today show off some of my "playing". This first card goes along with the retro sketch.
The background behind the black flower is my experimenting piece. I had stamped a Hero Arts chevron stamp three times on a piece of cardstock and I had embossed it with clear embossing powder. I took some of my spray inks and sprayed them on this piece. Those spray inks sit on top of the embossed design. I turned that piece over and blotted it on another piece of white cardstock and what resulted was this great watercolor looking design. The embossed stamped images served as a stamp themselves. I couldn't waste that great piece so I stamped the black flower over that.Here is the retro sketch.
The strip along the bottom edge of this card is another piece of experimenting. The main technique was similar to what I tried to describe in my first card.
The yellow/orange portion is the result of stamping that already stamped piece that has other spray colors sprayed on it and then I added the flowers that were inked with a purple Distress Stain. The stain gives the image a watercolor look.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)