Friday, August 3, 2012

Flowers and Letters

Can I say YUM!!!!
 I just got an alphabet die set by Memory Box from Simon Says Stamp.  The letters are all in one piece so I wanted to cut them from the black cardstock that way. I soon discovered though that two of the letters were upside down so they would fit better so I did cut them to arrange them correctly.  I quickly put my new die into use with the Tuesday Trigger and the inspiration piece at Simon Says Stamp challenge.
 Everyone is using the negative of cut out letters these days so I needed to get in on that great looking technique.  I just placed colored cardstock behind the letters using a wonderful color combination piece.  Since the inspiration piece used white also, I just didn't put any cardstock behind the letters for "hi", giving me a title for my card.
 Here is that adorable inspiration piece. I want to just print this out and frame it, that kitty cat is so gorgeous.
 And, here is the Tuesday Trigger. I kept with the black of the typewriter with all of the black cardstock that I used on my card and then I thought the colored behind the cut out letters looked like the colored typewriter keys.
 And, I used the Colour Q combination for this card.  I pulled out a set by Hero Arts that includes stamps and matching dies. These sets are my new most favorite, it is so easy to cut out the image with these.
 I used the score board to score the lines on the white cardstock that makes my grid. The embossed card base is Core'dinations cardstock. I used some great new stamp pads by Clearsnap for the flowers.
 Here is the Colour Q combination.
And for a couple photos...
 This is our youngest grandson and our two doggies. He isn't supposed to feed them his snacks but he just can't help himself and they know he is an easy prey.  They are waiting for him to drop anything!
This is his way of feeding them and pretending he didn't mean tooooo!!! We do have to laugh!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

21 comments:

  1. Love your use of the alphabet cut out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both great cards, love your flowers for colourQ. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeee your cards!! I love love love the alphabet and love love love love the grid design!!! And your grandson is so cute!! I love those photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, Linda, cute idea with the alphabets! thanks for sharing your cards with us this week at the colourQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS post, Linda! I really like your use of your new alphabet dies and the take on colors for ColorQ! Your grandson is a such a cutie! Somehow boys and dogs seem to go hand in hand together-they make great companions for each other, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I saw the thumbnail I saw thatthe top card was for the Trigger! Wonderful design!

    Love your card Linda!
    Have a nice week-end, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. The alphabet cutout is a great idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have never shown a card I didn't love...but that alpha "hi" card is so very striking...it's my new fave from you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those flowers, so fun. Great idea making the grid. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. did you butt dial my phone number? We answered but no one was there. Now I'm worried. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your abc card, and your grandson's pictures are very cute. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your first card in particular - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable cards, Linda! Really love the negative cut work with the ABC's die. Backing with the different colored cardstock is so eye catching. Love the hi sentiment and the button in the O. And really love the blocked flower design, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adorable and creative and I LOVE IT! Great use of negative space! I never think to use it and you have done it so perfectly here!


    Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love teh TT card - great use of the negative from your die!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your take on the Trigger! Fabulous colours!
    Great flowers for the Colour Q challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea to use the negative cut outs of the letters, Linda! Super card for the TT and your Colour Q flowers are fab too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your Simons Says Stamps Challenge card its so clever, love the other card too and fab pics.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love both of your cards (and the cute pics of your grandson-I have one of those too!) The negative alphabet is adorable, very clever take on the TT challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Linda! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete