Friday, July 20, 2012

Gotta keep stamping

Yes, I love stamps, I love stamping!!!
 Another new stamp set for me is this amazing set of hexagons from The Stamps of Life.  The set contains different patterns and different sizes so that really, you could create with this over and over.  I used the Colour Q color combo for this week as my color inspiration.  This also fits the Moxie Fab Hexagon challenge.
(ps - I found another hexagon challenge at City Crafters!!!)
 For my card I used three of the stamps in this set along with the sentiment.
 The Colour Q combo
 This card fits the Card Positioning System sketch for this week along with some great Hero Arts stamps and a matching die.
 I stamped the background with white and embossed it with white and then colored the cardstock with some Distress Stain.  The butterfly is colored with two shades of the Distress Stain and what I love is that this shape has a matching die for cutting it out.  I accented the butterfly with some Glossy Accents.
 Here is the CPS sketch.
Gotta share some photos...
 We stopped for lunch and this neat sculpture was sitting on a bench.  My grandson immediately was trying to interact with it. It was so fun to capture these photos with my Hipstamatic camera on my phone.
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

15 comments:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeee the hexagons on the first one (you should enter that first one on the City Crafter Challenge Blog too -- their challenge is hexagons too! http://citycrafter.blogspot.com/2012/07/city-crafter-challenge-blog-week-118.html) And love love love those photos!! Tooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, Linda, I love those stamped hexagons! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are beautiful! I love that CPS sketch, too....I feel a need to use that, coming on! The photos of your grandson are adorable! Thanks so much for playing with the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lot of fun with those great hexagon stamps! Lovely cards and cute, cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well of course your cards are GORGEOUS as always (especially ♥LOOOOOVE♥ the hexi one!!!) but you can't expect us to notice anything else when there are two AMAZING photos of the cutest guy in the world right below them!!! HOLY MOLY he is ADORABLE! ♥♥♥♥♥!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these linda~ you do the best cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creations ... love the hexagons ... and that little guy is just so cute!! Thanks so much for playing at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  9. what is that interlocking circle stamp? i love it! your cards are beautiful!

    Showing bloggy love from ColorQ Challenge
    xo, Kristina
    Come by and see me sometime!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful cards - love the hexagons and heading over to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cards!! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling photos and your cards are just the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great cards. Love seeing what you did with your hexagon shapes. Perfect for our challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a lovely creation, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Linda! Thanks again for linking up to the Hooked on Hexagons Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete