Saturday, May 5, 2012

What's Love Got to do with it?

First love - a card created for a Paper Smooches challenge using a sentiment about LOVE plus I used The Play Date Cafe color combo.
 Kim gave a challenge to create a card with just cardstock. Sometimes that is a hard one for me, today it was easier for some reason. I used a piece of glitter cardstock by Core'dinations and cut my card base out with a Cricut cartridge. The cut I used cut the card base and the window opening. I also cut the matching gray frame.
 I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and placed that behind my window opening.  For my light pink like in the color combo, I stamped the gingham border twice with pink ink.  Next I stamped the rose over that. I did a little bit of accenting with some pink Copic markers and I colred the leaves too.
 Here is The Play Date Cafe combo - isn't it yummy?
 Next up, is my youngest grandson, he is soooo easy to LOVE! He can also be a comedian like in the photo.  I wanted to play along with Cath's Spectacle challenge at Moxie Fab. I took a little artist license with how I interpreted the challenge!  I thought this photo would be a pretty cut focus on a card. 
I used some paper tape by Queen & Co to accent my card along with some triangle shapes. I just punched out squares and cut them in half. Easy-peasy!
Thanks for visiting, Linda (lbpost)

16 comments:

  1. These are FAB!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the pearls on your card! And love love love love the lo!! That photo is adorable and loveeeeeee the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and LO. I like the card design and the washi tape on your LO. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I love that card...love the little window you created...great color combo...love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards!! The first one is so pretty and elegant - love the frame. The second is just too fun!! Love the colours and that FABULOUS photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are just gorgeous - so is your grandson, hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cards, and your grandson is so adorable with the glasses on - he is getting so big...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fabulous cards, Linda! Love your Paper Smooches challenge card. I have such a hard time with cardstock-only projects, but you totally nailed it here. Love the window opening and love the flower. The gingham print you stamped adds such a great touch. And what a cute card with your grandson's photo. Just that alone totally makes me smile. Love the triangles, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh he most certainly is a cute focus! LOVE your color choice too! So perfect for that fun photo! Amazing job Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sosoooo soooooooooo FAB! Your grandson is SUCH A CUTIE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! I love the sweet colors of the 1st and all the fun element of the 2nd! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOOOOOOOOW! That first card is AMAZING! LOVE the stamps and the paper for the flower! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is just FABULOUS and your grandson sooooooooo CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are just fabulous and your grandson is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Linda! Thanks for linking this up to the Spectacular Spectacles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute, Linda! Great job with the Moxie Fab Spectacular Spectacles challenge!!

    ReplyDelete